Sunday 6 February 2022

Okay, let's see if I can post more in 2022!

 Hello my lovelies, 

I am so sorry that I have not visited with you all since April last year - not sure where the time has gone - especially as we (like so many of us) were in lockdown for most of it.  I promise you, a lot of reading, stitching and knitting got done but for some reason, I really hermitted and posted on IG rather than on Blogger.  But it is a NEW YEAR, so here goes. 

This is what I have been stitching this month....

Unfortunately, for me, despite stitching like mad all month I didn't quite finish my choices for two of the themes: One (12 Days) and Four (Nutcracker) for the Christmas Ornie SAL which I host.  Although I did make a lot of progress on my Nutcracker Village for Theme Four.  

But firstly, here is my 12 Days design - by Jim Shore - this is a picture of what it will look like when finished....

.... and here is my rather pathetic progress on it!


But I am pleased to say that my first section of Nutcracker Village by Country Cottage Needlework is coming along very well (although not finished).  It is stitched on the called for sparkly fabric but I couldn't seem to get the sparkles to show up but I must say I think it is one of the prettiest Christmas designs I have ever stitched and I am sorry to say that the photos do not really do it justice.






This is what I have been knitting, all last year and again this year - Dishcloths!


These are all free designs from Garlene from The Kitchen Sink shop - she releases a new one each month. You can find her designs on Ravelry, here (or click on the pic above) although you have to pay for last year's designs now. But if you sign up for her newsletter you should get these year's designs for free each month.  I find these very soothing to knit and so pretty and useful.

... and this is what I have been reading so far this year...


I would have to say, don't bother with either The Girl with the Stars (even though I have really loved all of Mark Lawrence's other novels) or Trigger Mortis (adolescent rubbish, really). I am rereading the Matthew Reilly's Jack West Jr series as the final one has come out but they are a VERY light read and you have to suspend a lot of disbelief.  The real gem that I have discovered this year is Louise Penny and her Inspector Gamache series. At first they seem like a light read, too, but they have so much depth to them which becomes more with each novel in the series.  I can highly recommend them (and I am learning a lot about Quebec, too).  Update: Stanley Tucci's book was a delight!

So, that is me for this past month (yes, I know it is Feb already but at least I am trying - lol!)

hugs, 

4 comments:

Kay said...

Welcome back, it’s lovely to see you posting again. The Jim Shore design is going to be beautiful. I love Inspector Gamache and have been reading the Louise Penny books for years now, occasionally I reread them all. Obviously they have to be read in order because of the back stories which carry through. Luckily she brings out a new one every year. My other favourite series is the Ruth Galloway series by Elly Griffiths which is set in Norfolk, England and is about an archaeologist who works with the police, again although they are individual they should have be read in order for the back stories and history of characters.x

Barb said...

At least you are trying. I read posts but never seem to post myself!! I am just lazy!! Looks like some good books!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The Jim Shore design is gorgeous , looking forward to seeing more of that one. The Nutcracker Village is very sweet too.

I second Kay's recommendation for Elly Griffiths, in fact I came here to say just that so it was a pleasant surprise to see someone else with the same idea. Elly just did a signing for us, she has become friends with my manager. What an interesting woman, great public speaker who really took the time to chat with all her fans and sign their books. She's also written some middle grade children's books.

Astrids dragon said...

You know I follow you on Instagram, but it's nice to see you here too.
Oh wow, that Santa is going to be amazing... you've got to start somewhere!

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...