About Me

My photo
My name is Kaye and I am 58 years old. Unbelievably to me, at my age, I have now just embarked upon my third career - as a History Education Consultant! I love to cross stitch and quilt, especially with my kittens, Furio and Milo "helping" me. I also love to read, I have a passion for history and I have been cooking since I was about 12 - move over Junior Masterchef! So, this blog, which started out as a cross stitch blog sometimes morphs into a reading journal or a history lesson (sorry, I used to be a secondary teacher before I became a publisher and now a consultant) or a post about my cooking mojo. Whatever it is, this blog is alway about me, my family and my life here in Eaglemont, Victoria. I have been happily married for over 30 years to the most wonderful man and we are blessed with three beautiful grown up children.

My fellow stitching kittens

Thursday, 3 November 2011

It's starting to feel a bit like Christmas....

Hello lovely bloggers,

Well, I have taken the jump and decided to do NaBloPoMo and blog every day for November!  Not sure if I can do it or if you will get too bored - lol! So, with this post I will be 3 for 3.

Today, I couldn't resist, I just had to buy some fruit mince pies - the first I have seen this year.  They are one of my favourite Christmas foods.  Yum!  So, here they are - I was even inspired to dig out one of my Christmas plates to put them on.


... And just to continue the Christmas theme, I bought Issue 181 of The world of Cross stitch today (although last week I bought 182 and 183 - it is such a nuisance trying to get them here in Australia) and the free gift was the Margaret Sherry Christmas Kisses card kit.  Now, I have been wanting to a) try a Margaret Sherry design and b) start on a Christmas ornie (Christmas Eve Couriers doesn't count as it is far too elaborate to get finished this year) - so I am really happy.  I will post my progress on it in another blog, but here is a pic of the design.

Now, lovely bloggers, don't forget to let me know if you want an extra entry in my Olga Gostin kit Giveaway to make a further comment letting me know on this post, but, of course, any sweet purrs are welcome.

Off to watch 'The Amazing Race' and work on Christmas Kisses,

Hugs, Kaye xoxoxox

7 comments:

Cheryll said...

My family love mince pies too... but I LoVe white christmas.. yum!
Good luck at blogging everyday! I'll be sure to drop by! :)

Linda said...

Hi Kaye, I love those little pecan pie tarts, but they are hard to find these days. Please give me another entry for the giveaway.

Linda

cucki said...

hello dear, i love too pecan pie tart..yummyyyyyyyyyyy
good luck with the blogging everyday..
lovely MS kit..have fun xx

Chaotic Crafter said...

I'm not much of a pie person at all..but I love Christmas Candy.

That's a cute kit.

SoCal Debbie said...

Hi Kaye, I've been planning to get my Christmas dishes out, too! How nice that you have a Margaret Sherry Christmas kit to stitch at just the right time!


Please give me another entry for your drawing. Thank you!

Charity C. said...

I have never tried a fruit mince pie before. It looks yummy! I will have to try it sometime! I would also like to be entered into your giveaway!

Shebafudge said...

Mmmmm......yum!

If you ever want any of the English magazines, just give me a shout although I suppose the postage might be worse than the wait!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...