Sunday 15 March 2020

FFO Post for March


[So sorry, rather late post but I have been away for the weekend - more on that next post] ....

Hosted by Rachel the Ten Hour Stitcher

This is a great SAL, designed to motivate us all to do something with that box of Finished pieces instead of just storing them under the bed or in my case, in a drawer! The idea is to link up on Rachel's blog on or after the 10th of each month (10 Hour Stitcher - 10th of the month)..... and I actually managed to Fully Finish a whopping nine pieces this month - I am pretty chuffed with myself.  This SAL is a huge motivator for me!

#1.  

First up is an older stitchy finish, which I finished stitching in November 2016 but according to the post, took three and a half years to stitch!  (Obviously I am very easily distracted - lol!).




#2

Proverbi 4 by Paola Gattiblu
28ct Flax Linen
My selection of speciality floss
(The two blues are WDW Blue Jean and GAST Cornflower)

I actually finished this way back in January 2016!  This, too, only took four years to actually FFO it!
I embellished it with a blue bow and some buttons from my stash.


This has a companion piece, Proverbi 3, which I FFOed last month.







#3 
PS Santa 2015, finished as a small wall hanging with two pegs:
                                             
                                              "C"hristmas "D"ay






#4. "Be Joyful" by Tempting Tangles Designs, which I did finish stitching this year.



#5
I also FFOed this sweet design "With you I am home" which I have absolutely no recollection (and I can't find anything on my blog) of when I stitched it. I added the little heart buttons from my button collection and the hot pink check fabric is also from my stash.




I am displaying it on this cute chalkboard which I bought from TK Maxx for only $6 (AUD).



#6 is another Prairie Schooler design - isn't he a cute snowman?



#7 is Winter Wonderland by CCN, which I finished stitching earlier this year - I finished it as a large wall/balustrade hanging. I found this perfect pale blue and snowflake fabric in my stash for the border.





... and this lovely silver, gold and white fabric for the backing.


... and #8 is that I fully finished "Christmas Bullfinch", another design that I finished stitching earlier this year. Again, I found the perfect fabric in my stash!
                                             


                



... and finally, #9 is "Mon Amour" stitched it on a scrap of unknown green linen which I had in my stash and chose my own pinks and greens and added white beads instead of white crosses. The fabric in the border is what I used to back it with, too.



Please go see what everyone else Fully Finished this month.

Thanks for visiting and please don't forget to leave a comment as I do love a good chat,

hugs, 


8 comments:

Mary said...

Kaye, I am so happy to see all your beautiful stitching no longer languishing in a drawer!!! Now, you can enjoy your handiwork. Your finishing is lovely, you have coordinated the fabrics so well to the stitches. It's hard to pick a favorite but Christmas Bullfinch is a gorgeous Christmas Pillow and you certainly had the perfect fabric in your stash. Love the PS Snowman and the backing fabric. They are all gorgeous and would a lovely post to see this morning! Have a wonderful week. Mary

Julie said...

A great load of finishes you've been making using the sewing machine, well done!

Carol said...

Oh, my goodness, Kaye! You and your sewing machine must be true friends after all that finishing work! Love your pieces and now there is much more room in your finishing drawer for even more stitching :) Have a great week! ♥

Faith... said...

Wow Kaye, you have been very busy! They all look fantastic and it looks like you are a great FFO'er!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Wow, you have been busy! Your chairs and settees must be full of cushions now.
I do love the way you've chosen each backing fabric to suit the design.
I like the blackboard finish and the little Christmas Bullfinch best, I think.

Cathy said...

So many lovely finished finishes this month!

Tiffstitch said...

Oh my goodness, that is a lot of beautiful finishing this month! I really like the little finishes, very interesting choices (makes a note to steal these ideas).

Astrids dragon said...

OMGoodness, you certainly know how to keep busy! Everything turned out beautifully, I can't even begin to pick a favourite!

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...