Monday 15 March 2021

February Out and About Round Up 2021_Part One

 Hello lovely fellow bloggers, 

Here is my February, Out and About Round Up (I know, I know it is mid-March - lol!).  Warning: pic heavy!

My Friday coffee group (parents from where my eldest went to Primary School) and I went to see the "Miss Fisher and Crypt of Tears" costume exhibition at the gorgeous heritage listed Ripponlea Mansion.


If you have never read the Phryne Fisher books by Kerry Greenwood nor seen the wildly successful TV series, then you are definitely missing out!

"Phryne is a wealthy aristocrat and private detective who lives in St Kilda, Melbourne, in the late 1920s. With the assistance of her companion Dot, and Bert and Cec (who are wharfiestaxi drivers and "red raggers" [Australian slang of that period meaning communists]), she solves all manner of crimes."

Anyway, visiting Ripponlea, seeing the 1920s costumes and walking in the grounds with my friends was a real treat!














I so wanted to take this gorgeous drinks cabinet home but for some reason the docent wouldn't let me - lol!




















































I do so hope that you enjoyed this visit to Ripponlea with me and my friends, 

Thanks for visiting and please don't forget to leave a comment as I do love a good chat,

hugs, 


P.S. Part Two of my Out and About Round Up will be posted in a couple of days - our Sydney trip!




4 comments:

Bikegirl said...

Oh I love Miss Fisher! I would love to visit Ripponlea mansion too (when we can get to Australia from NZ quarantine free!) The books are just as good as the TV series too.

Clare-Aimetu said...

How lovely you were able to go out with your friends, Ripponlea looks amazing.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a fabulous day out! It's so weird seeing posts about people having days out! Like something out of the history books LOL
Those dresses look amazing, they must have been fun to wear after the constraints of the corset in previous decades.

Barb said...

Oh Kaye, I really enjoyed this. My DH loves Miss Fisher. We watched as much as we could here in the US. I also loved seeing the flowers and the beautiful place. We had snow on the ground so it was fun to see what is a few months away for us!

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...