I must apologise for my two week absence from my blog but TraderVic and I have been on a little jaunt to Sydney in ANOTHER STATE! Yep, we were finally able to leave Vicghanistan (as TraderVic likes to call Victoria due to the rather Draconian measures taken by our Premier to combat Covid-19). It was rather nice to be somewhere else for a change and, of course DS2 and his lovely GF live in Sydney and our very dear friends are up there for six months, so we stayed with them. However, I think that I will leave that for another post as I suspect that this one is going to be long enough as it is!
So long, in fact, that I thought that I would give you a little "Table of Contents", so that you can scroll down to the bits that interest you, although I hope that you will kind enough to read all of my news - stitchy or otherwise.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
#2. The Stitching Bee by LHN
The Stitching Bee, was a kit (except the backing fabric and the button, 'cos I couldn't find the button that came with the kit but once I had FFOed it, there was the button after all but "Too Late", she cried!) which came as part of my A Little help from my friends subscription from The Silver Needle.
- I powered my way through the Alex Rider series by Anthony Horowitz
- Kept listening to the wonderful Rivers of London series by Ben Aaronovitch
- Reread a piece of nostalgia with "Village School" by Miss Read
- Shivered my way through the thriller "Shiver" by Allie Reynolds
- And committed myself to rereading the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan and (the later books) Brandon Sanderson, I must admit that last time I fell by the wayside long before the series finished as the books kept getting larger and more complex, the wait between books was long, too, I had three young children and went back to work and then Robert Jordan died and Brandon Sanderson wrote the last few books but this time I am determined to read all fourteen plus the four extras (.5 books, they call them) this year!