Wednesday 15 April 2020

Gifted Gorgeousness SAL_April 2020 Update


It is time for the fun SAL called Gifted Gorgeousness, hosted by the fabulous Jo from Serendipitous Stitching.

On the fifteenth of each month we post on the projects that we are gifting to others or have been gifted to us or that we can shoehorn into the SAL in any other way that we can!

This month I have a couple of the first kind (although the first is a long stretch) and one of the second that is a bit of a shoehorn also - lol!

First up is this gorgeous panda quilt, which is NOT MADE BY ME, but by my dear friend, Bronwyn but she did ask me to embroider the mouths on the cute pandas - so I am claiming it for GG this month.  It is for her sixteen year old Great-niece. 




My second project is a baby gift.  I bought this delightful Beatrix Potter panel from a local fabric shop and I am embroidering some (all?) of the motifs on it.  It is a really sweet project to be working on.  My dear friend, Bronwyn, mentioned above, is kindly going to quilt it for me once I am done with the embroidery.  It is for a young friend who is having her second baby any day now.






I'm really looking forward to stitching this bumblebee ...



... and these three old friends, too....




Below are the border (green spot) and binding (blue and white stripe) fabrics and the next picture is the backing fabric.



It is going to be so pretty once it is finished.

My shoehorn is my latest "gift" from the A Little Help From our Friends Stitching Circle  from The Silver Needle is like a gift I give to myself every couple of months (it arrives in the mail, all beautifully wrapped, just like a present), I am shoehorning it into this month's GG SAL.  

I present to you, Fraktur Freida by La-D-Da. Isn't she a gorgeous bird?


... and here is my progress so far on her.


The sign up for GG on Jo's blog can be found here. If you click on the link you can see what everyone else got up to for April.


Thanks for visiting and please don't forget to leave a comment as I do love a good chat,

hugs, 


11 comments:

Barb said...

That Beatrix Potter quilt is going to be a wonderful gift! I also love the Fraktur project. The colors are so pretty.

Kay said...

The Beatrix Potter quilt is so pretty, I made a baby quilt using a Beatrix Potter panel a few years ago but the idea of doing embroidery adds so much to it. x

Mini said...

I love both the quilts you are working on.

Cathy said...

The embroidery you're doing on the Beatrix Potter quilt will make it extra special! As for giving yourself a gift, I do that all the time, especially if I want something special for Christmas.

DJ said...

Wow...I just kept saying wow...I love the pandas!! How sweet! I love Beatrix Potter too, so what you are doing there is just so sweet and such a lovely gift for a baby...so wow! And the last kit you received, is another Wow!! I love the color of the fabric, it's going to be so beautiful when it's finished! Happy Stitching!!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. The quilts are great, I love the little panda faces!
It's always nice to receive handmade gifts for babies.
The Silver Needle kit looks good too. Nice to get all the finishing fabrics with it.

Faith... said...

Both quilts are beautiful Kaye but I especially love the Beatrix Potter one and I am sure the recipient will love it as well. Good idea to give yourself a gift now and then.

Christine said...

The quilts are gorgeous, I adore the little pandas

Julie said...

Cute pandas, that is so lovely.
Loving Peter Rabbit, and nice fabrics too. What a stunning gift that will be.

Elfie said...

Everything is beautiful. I love both the quilts in particular.

Tiffstitch said...

I love the Peter Rabbit panel! DD is very into Peter Rabbit and reading the books herself currently. Lovely work.

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...