Monday 20 April 2020

IHSW_April 2020 Edition

This past weekend was International Hermit and Stitch Weekend (IHSW) for April.

It is such a lovely idea, isn't it? To be stitching with other like-minded people from all over the globe, no matter the time zone, all weekend long - bliss!  In fact, any stitching time is great, isn't it?

You can take part on your blog or via the Facebook page - IHSW on Facebook or click on the pic of Hermie below:



My IHSW started on Friday with FNSI (another virtual SAL), where I picked up the UFO below.


It dates from about 2014, I think andis a freebie from Needleprint.

After Friday there was some good progress...


.... and by the end of the weekend, this UFO is now looking like this:



I am very happy with my progress on this piece - now to keep it up for at least the next little while!

This weekend I also stitched some more on the Peter Rabbit panel, which is going to be a baby gift for a baby who is due to be born any minute now.









I am so enjoying stitching on this, it is a great project to work on whilst Zooming! lol!


Stay safe and well, my dear friends. 

Thanks for visiting and please don't forget to leave a comment as I do love a good chat,

hugs, 

8 comments:

Kay said...

This weekend I have been working on Ivy by Nora Corbett and also at my sewing machine working on an early Christmas present (this year I won't be having a panic in November!).

Lin said...

Lovely work Kaye. xx

Carol said...

Oh, that embellished Peter Rabbit quilt will be so sweet for a new baby, Arlene! Just love what you are doing. I hope you'll share close-ups of each motif when done :)

butterfly said...

Love your stitching it's really growing .
I am in love with Peter Rabbit , we have loved each other for many years ha.

Tiffstitch said...

Lovely work on both, and I'm glad you're enjoying Peter. I've tried the embroidery/stamped and can't get into it. My aunt loved it and made some amazing things over the years though, and she couldn't get into counted. :)

Julie said...

IHSW for February? I'm sure I read it right?
Peter Rabbit is so lovely.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You did have a good IHSW. The sampler is looking great, the mini-finishes for each motif are very encouraging.

I like the Peter Rabbit quilt, adding the embroidery embellishments is such a good idea.

Margaret said...

Your cross stitch piece is looking marvelous! And Embroidery! I haven't done that since I was a young girl. It's looking great!

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...