Sunday 19 April 2020

March Miscellanea....

Each month I seem to have a number of random things that I want to share, so I thought that I would have a monthly Miscellanea post.  Here is my Miscellanea post for March (which shouldn't be too long as for at least half of it we have been in Iso - lol!) - Ooops, I was wrong - still managed to write a long post - lol!

More Foodim + Soical Isolation = Even More cooking and Food photos

In January's Miscellanea post, I told you all about the food posting app Foodim, well, it is certainly inspiring me to plate up my food nicely just so I can take a pic of it - lol!  UPDATE:  The fabulous Nigella herself "Liked" some of my food posts on Foodim - I am so chuffed!

So, here are a few of my recent efforts in the kitchen.... From an Eaglemont Kitchen....


Frehs figs from our garden....



Fish pie....



Fish and chips....


Coffee made on our

wonderful coffee machine....

Pizza ....



Roast pumpkin, garlic and chickpea soup ....

Old-fashioned rissoles ....


Breakfast for dinner ....



Roast potato and tuna with burnt butter anchovy sauce....


Fettucine with mushrooms ...


Quick sausage stew with rice ....



Pumped up noodle cup...



Potato and Leek soup with grilled cheese....



Foccacia rolls ...



Blueberry and Lemon muffins ... (the best muffins I have ever made, I think)





Stewed rhubarb with orange and ginger.....


Pre-Social Isolation - a weekend away...

Once upon a time, in a land far far away (or so it seems now), way back in mid-March - before we went into Social Isolation - TraderVic and I went away with some friends for a long weekend at Rye on the Mornington Peninsula. We had lots of fun - a visit to the Peninsula Hot Springs (the ladies), golf for the men (all three days!), lunch at a brewery (all of us) and on the last day we ladies went to visit the gardens at Heronswood House.  The gardens are so very pretty, so that is what I am going to show you today. [Warning: this section is pic heavy.]






The sea, the sea....






Look at the roots on this Moreton Bay Fig....



My dear friends - Marie and Sandra ...


Morning tea ....


















More of our morning tea....




Grand Designs_Eaglemont ...
Luckily, the building industry is still able to work despite Iso, so our Front House is still on the move. Here are some progress pics.....






It is so exciting to see it progress.

IsoTV Viewing ...

Like so many of us, TraderVic and I are spending a lot of downtime watching TV.  Here are a few of the programs we have been watching...

Ozark Season Three:


Tiger King:

                                     

Love:

                                     

Sex Education:

                                    

Deadwater Fell:

                                    

Peaky Blinders:

                                    

Jesus Christ Superstar:

                                    

Prodigal Son:

                                   

Survivor: Winners at War (Season 40):

                                   

My Brilliant Friend Season 2:

                                   

To name just a few - lol!

Have you been watching any of these?  What are you currently watching?


Thanks for visiting and please don't forget to leave a comment as I do love a good chat,

hugs, 



7 comments:

butterfly said...

What a great post Kaye , yummy food looks so good.
Lovely flowers and photos.

I have also watched Peaky Blinders ,my family use to live there in Birmingham years ago and my GD would always wear is cap .
Some of it was true , not sure how much of it .
Have a good Sunday .

Kay said...

The food photos look great, would you share your recipe for blueberry and lemon muffins please? I was also rather taken by the wooden boards that the pizzas are on, they look fabulous. x

Julie said...

Delicious food, no wonder Nigella stopped by to comment.
Great trip you had before being stuck at home.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Kaye wow all your beautiful food have made me hungry. What a good cook you are.
Oh what a wonderful holiday you went on ,love the pics and great news that your building is continuing stay safe my friend,cheers Shez xx

Barb said...

Oh Kaye, Iwould love to sample some of your wonderful cooking!! Everything looks so yummy. We have a Herronswood on Bainbridge Island. It is also a pretty home with lovely gardens! What a coincidence. Yours has more to offer, no food or that sort of thing at ours. But we do have a lovely water view of Puget sound!

Tiffstitch said...

Oh, breakfast seems a long time ago now. Beautiful pics of everything and so glad your house is still getting built. We're rewatching Star Trek Voyager as I'd never seen the entire series, but DH had.

marly said...

Your photos are so sharp! What are you using?

I want to grow figs here in PA, love them. And you have me searching recipes online for a few of these dishes. Loved the post.

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...