Monday 23 January 2017

First IHSW for 2017 .... Woo Hoo!

So, for my first International Hermit and Stitch Weekend (IHSW) for 2017, I continued with my FNSI and FF piece by Abbey Rose Designs.

After Friday night I was here:


And by the end of the weekend, I had made some great strides with it (despite a couple of visits by the Frog Prince - Grrr!)


Design: Do more of what makes you happy
Designer: Abbey Rose Designs
Fabric: 32ct Grey-spotted
Floss: Mixture of suggested and own choice over-dyed threads

And, our chosen snack for the evening was this surprisingly delicious, Kale and Quinoa popcorn!  (and yes, it is a bit green -that's the Kale bit, I think).



And, in case you are wondering what I am rabbiting on about re IHSW, here is an explanation from our SAL mama's blog, the darling Joyce from Random Ramblings.

"International Hermit and Stitch Weekend takes place every 3rd full weekend of each month, from Friday till Sunday. In our very busy and hectic lives, IHSW is a chance for us to squirrel some time away for ourselves and "Hermit and Stitch." It is a time set aside to take care of us and our love for stitching."

So, that is my first IHSW report for the year, have a great week everyone, 

hugs, 






17 comments:

Bea said...

You did really well Kaye, especially with the Green Joker intruding. Unusual popcorn flavour - glad it tasted good.

Stitching Noni said...

Nice weekend stitching! Interesting popcorn flavour :o)

Linda said...

Nice progress Kaye.

Linda

Anonymous said...

Wow Kaye your work is amazing and that popcorn sounds interesting.

Mini said...

Nice stitching, love the fabric. I didn't knew Joysze was continuing with IHSW.

Justine said...

I really like this one, especially the spotty fabric. I didn't realise it was hermit and stitch weekend but I did just that!
The popcorn sounds...interesting.

Mii Stitch said...

Love the spotty fabric, great progress!

Pull the other thread said...

Wonderful progress on a super sweet project!!

Julie said...

Great progress despite the froggy's visit.
The popcorn sounds interesting.

Margaret said...

Love how this is looking! So pretty! The popcorn sounds interesting! I'm always willing to try something new.

Tiffstitch said...

Great progress and what interesting popcorn!

deb said...

Great progress! Hermit and Stitch Weekend, huh? I like the sound of that. :)

Sheryl said...

Pretty design Kaye and fabric too.

Melinda Forbes said...

I just can't resist commenting on your popcorn. I always have a air tight container on my counter with popcorn in. Sometimes I even have it for breakfast. This looks like the perfect snack for me to try.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work for IHSW, I love that spotty fabric, I must get some and give it a go!

Brigitte said...

I definitely love the name of your IHSW piece. Nice progress.

Heather said...

Yummy and pretty!

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...