Monday 2 January 2017

January WIPocalypse _ Newbie ....

For the first time, inspired by my wonderful stitchy and bloggy friend, Jo from Serendipitous Stitching, I am going to take part in WIPocalypse (although come to thinks of it, I may have had an abortive attempt a few year's ago - although I cannot find any evidence in my blog tags, so maybe not!)

WIPocalypse

WIPocalypse is hosted by Measi's Musings
Every month (and twice in January because of this intro post), on the last Sunday of the month, we share our progress on the projects we want to complete before the End Of The World. I am also further following in the footsteps of dear Jo and having a list of 17 projects to be worked on/completed in '17.

Measi always gives us a topic to discuss each month, too.

January - Introduce yourself, your projects, and any goals you have for the year!

I think that my 17 in '17 list and just tootling around my blog will give you a good answer to this question

My list is a mixture of SAL projects, some new, some WIPs and some rather languishing UFOs, that I would really like to see finished this year. In no particular order, here they are:


2. Imaginating - Halloween Happiness

3. Jim Shore - The Twelve Days of Christmas

4. The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery - The Twelve Days of Christmas

5. Eva Rosenstaad - Danish bell pull

6. The Drawn Thread - Spots of Season x 4

7. Sue Hillis Designs - 'Twas the night before Christmas

8. Scissor Tail Designs - Christmas Charm

9. Mirabilia (Nora Corbett) - Cinderella

10. The Victoria Sampler - Christmas Day Sampler

11. Jean Farish Designs - America

12. Dam Good Crafts - Dracula Book Cover

13. Cross My Heart Designs -  The Village Alphabet

14. DMC - The Six Wives of Henry Viii

15. Prairie Schooler - The Night Before Christmas Sampler (Book #63)

16. A Mon Ami Pierre - Blanc Noel

17. Needleprint - Mary Wigham


Yes, lots of big projects there but I am determined to see some real progress and hopefully, some finishes before December 31, 2017... and, yes, lots of Christmas designs - what can I say?  I am hooked, obsessed, a Christmas junkie - lol!

When I get the chance, I will create a collage of the 17 projects for you (and me) and please come back at the end of the month to see if I have made any progress on these goals.

Please check out everyone else's lists for 2017 by clicking on this link here.

hugs, 



P.S. Thanks to dear Jo for being both my inspiration and an enabler (eg, I saw the Dracula cover on her WIPocalypse list and next thing I know I had downloaded the free pattern and ordered some gorgeous red fabric for it from Colour Cascade Fabrics!  Not my fault - lol!)



WWhWh
But fir
ButB

15 comments:

Justine said...

I recognise some of these as WIPS I've seen on your blog and am looking forward to seeing more of them in 2017. Happy new year!

Margaret said...

Oh fun! Good luck with your WIPs. I'll look forward to watching your finishes come in!

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Another great Wipocalypse list and lots to look forward to catching up on ,on your blog:)Happy NewYear.

Daniela Bencúrová said...

Happy New Year!
Dear Kaye, I admire your activities! Tin you are a woman!
Do you have a great plan for the new year! I look forward to your embroidery!

Linda said...

Great goals Kaye. You can do it.

Linda

Julie said...

Going to be fun watching your 17 projects grow during the year.

Renee said...

I look forward to watching your progress!

Barb said...

Wow Kaye, You are going to be exciting to watch. I love many things on your list!

Mini said...

Happy New Year. That's a lovely mix of projects on your list.

Bea said...

That's quite the list, so good luck and I shall enjoy watching your progress - and your finishes!

Brigitte said...

That's a real fun mixture of projects, Kaye. And most of them biggies :) But I know that you will enjoy stitching on them throughout the year.

jocondine said...

A lot of lovely stitchings, we'll have pleasure to see in progress this year. A good feeling to be surrounded by brave stitchers with so many goals. Bonne Année ! xxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

There's a lot of familiar projects there! Did you know I have that first series on monthly patterns downloaded? Maybe I can fit them in too!
I can't believe you have never WIPocalypsed before though!

Stitching Noni said...

Great list! Looking forward to seeing you progress all those great WIPs :o) I think I am going to have to downloaded the Drac Book Cover as well.... looking forward to seeing you stitch it on Tammy's red fabric :o)
Hugs x

Sarah in Stitches said...

Great goals for 2017! Can't wait to see your progress :D

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...