Tuesday 17 January 2017

More January Friday Frolics...

I was a bit tardy with my second Friday Frolics post for the year but my sisters and I have been clearing out my Dad's home (now that he is in the nursing home) and boy, is it a big job - not only physically but emotionally, too.  Thank heavens for my stitching and all of you, my dear Stitchy and Bloggy Friends, I could not do it without you all.

Anyway, as usual on Friday, I went to my Girl's Nest to find a random WIP to stitch on that day.  Well, that was the plan!

So, anyway I found this languishing WIP .... Antique Rose Sampler (a DMC kit) ... but I have found no record of when I started this or any posts on it either on this blog or on my Friday Frolics blog, Kitten Stitching and the Friday Frolics. Oh well, at least I am blogging about it now.

As you can see, very little progress had been made, whenever it was that I did last stitch on it.



But then, much to my disappointment - not much was actually achieved on Friday night at all (and I am not sure why the fabbie is now looking green in this pic below).


So, vowing to remedy this over the weekend, by Sunday night, I am happy to say that some good progress was made....


This is what the final sampler will look like (one day!)


However, I must say, I am not thrilled with the "New Linen Thread", as advertised on the front, it is a bit like Danish Flower thread as it lack the shine of the usual DMC floss but my issue with it is that it is fraying quite easily and so is a bit tricky to work with.

Hopefully, I will get back to this sweet design one Friday Frolics again, soon.

If you want to see what everyone else got up to for this weekly Stitching event, click on the link below:



hugs, 


17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kaye,what a pretty sampler,its coming along nicely.

Linda said...

Beautiful design and nice progress Kaye.;

Linda

Julie said...

A lovely design, I tried the linen threads and found them a bit stiff and scratchy. They sit in the floss box awaiting using up on something small!

Mii Stitch said...

This is going to be a beautiful sampler :)

Justine said...

What a beautiful sampler. I think I heard somewhere that DMC no longer make the linen threads. It would be worth persevering as they look so pretty.

Vickie said...

Oh this is a lovely sampler.

Carol said...

I still remember how very difficult it was cleaning out my parents home of 52 years back in 2012, Kaye... I tear up just thinking about saying goodbye to that wonderful old home. Wishing you strength as you tackle the huge project. Glad your stitching time can help de-stress a bit :)

Manuela said...

Waht a wonderful new project. I like Sampler.
Best wishes Manuela

Kaisievic said...

Thanks, Linda, it is a pretty design, isn't it?

Tiffstitch said...

A nice find, even if the thread is lacking in lustre. I hope to join someday when I don't have hockey. :)

Bea said...

It is a lovely design, so it's disappointing to hear about the threads.

It must be so hard to go through your dad's house - so many memories. Do it in sections Kaye, and take breaks. You will get it done.

Barb said...

That will be a lovely design when you finish it. My sister and I had to do just what you are doing. We had to close down our step-mom's home, not an easy job at all Kaye! My thoughts are with you!

Sarah in Stitches said...

It's such a sweet design! Lovely progress on it :D

Irmeli said...

Wonderful romantic design and you did great start.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

It's a very pretty design, but not my taste at all! I do like the alphabet part though but then I love most alphabet designs!

Brigitte said...

I had already seen this beautiful project on the Friday Frolics blog. I remember many stitchers say this about the DMC linen threads when they came out - that they were fraying and even breaking after a while.

Heather said...

Nice progress :). I have the same problem with their cotton thread sometimes but it's probably because I use really long strands

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...