Saturday 29 February 2020

Smalls SAL_February 2020


The Smalls SAL is hosted by Mary's Thread. 
On the last Friday of each month we post about the Small designs that we have stitched in that month.

Let's See, what Smalls have I finished since the end of Jan?

First up is a freebie from Anne Les Petites Croix: Bonne Annee (Happy New Year) which I changed to Mon Amour (My love) for the Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog run by the wonderful Jo of Serendipitous Stitching.

  
I stitched it on a scrap of unknown green linen which I had in my stash and chose my own pinks and greens and added white beads instead of white crosses.

... and I even managed to FFO it! 
The fabric in the border is what I used to back it with, too.







My second fnish is Christmas Bullfinch by Punochka, which is the February Ornament for the JCS Stitch Along on FB.





My third Small is PS Santa 2005 - I love the fact that he is holding a quilt and sewing equipment - this is for my PS Santa SAL with my dear friend, Marie (no blog).



Lastly, here is the third of my "Snowman's Quaker Christmas".



It is a sweet design that I found through Carol from Stitching Dreams.  It is a freebie from Midnight Stitching that you can find here.

You can see Carol's gorgeous finish here.

And, just as a reminder, here are the two earlier colourways of this design that I stitched.  Which of the three is your favourite?




The second is in icy blues using a gorgeous Threadworx floss, using Carol's finish as inspiration.


So, all up, I have four Smalls Finishes for February - not too shabby (although not as good as last month's Smalls post with six!).

You can see what all the other Smalls SALers stitched by going to this post on Mary's Threads.

Thanks for visiting and please don't forget to leave a comment as I do love a good chat,

hugs, 


P.S. Don't forget to check out my latest Kitten Stitching and the Friday Frolics post where I stitch on a long forgotten UFO.

8 comments:

Elfie said...

Lovely stitching, as usual. I'm particularly fond of Christmas stitching, so I had an enjoyable visit. I like all of your Smalls. If I had to choose one of your diamond shaped ornaments it would be the dark green one, but all are lovely.

Mini said...

Lovely stitching Kaye. I love the Mon amour piece.

Kay said...

I really like the bullfinch, all of the gentle snowflakes around it are lovely. x

Cathy said...

All of your stitching is lovely this month. I like the dark green snowman quaker the best and I love the Mon Amour one.

Mary said...

Your stitching and finishing for February is all very pretty.

Julie said...

Four finishes is a great achievement for the month, well done.
The PS santa is so super.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Fantastic work on all your Smalls this month. I like the blue frosty version of the Snowman Snowflake myself.
I also like the added beads on the Valentine's design and the fabric you used for the Bullfinch.

Astrids dragon said...

So many sweet finishes, but I think I'm partial to Santa!

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...