Wednesday 5 February 2020

January Miscellanea....

Each month I seem to have a number of random things that I want to share, so I thought that I would have a monthly Miscellanea post.  Here is my first one for the year.

Foodim

A girlfriend put me onto this wonderful App for your phone that lets you take gorgeous photos of your food.



It is the brainchild of famed English TV cook, Nigella Lawson. The story goes is that she was sick and tired of people putting up very ordinary photos of her food on IG and FB, so she developed this app to allow us plebs to photograph like the magazine professionals.

Here is one of my photos - it does look good, doesn't it?  (And the cherry pie was delicious).  You post on the Foodim App (which has its own social network) but you can save the photo to your phone so that you can then share on IG or FB easily.

... and here are some more of my pics....






You can read more about it in this article.

Floral Bouquet

My girlfriend kindly brought me these gorgeous flowers after my nose operation.




Family Photo

My daughter's boyfriend gave me this photo of the two of them (I can rarely get DD to allow me to photograph her) at a wedding.  I popped down to TK Maxx and found this perfect frame for only $10!



Brand New Garden

TraderVic and I are so proud of our new garden. Over the past year we have turned nothing into something. What a feeling!












Freebie

I came across this rather sweet freebie, from Stitching the Night Away

Movies

TraderVic and I have been to see a few movies over January.

1917 - absolutely phenomenal. I so felt that I was there in the trenches.



JoJo Rabbit - oh, my goodness, what a brilliant film!  Who would have thought that a story about a ten year old boy living in a small town in Nazi German, whose imaginary friend is Hitler would actually work?????


Knives Out - this nod to Agatha Christie was a lot of fun although I did find Daniel Craig's channelling of Kevin Spacey's accent a little off putting.


Well, that is it for my January Miscellanea.

Thanks for visiting and please don't forget to leave a comment as I do love a good chat,

hugs, 




11 comments:

Carol said...

That is so interesting about the food app, Kaye! Will definitely be passing this on to my son and DIL who post a lot of food photos. Your photos do look wonderful! And what a cute photo of your daughter and her boyfriend--looks great in that TK Maxx frame (I assume your TK Maxx is the same as our TJ Maxx?). Oh, how I love TJ Maxx :) Beautiful flowers and thanks for the movie recommendations! Enjoy your day :)

Margaret said...

So exciting that you have started the construction (or destruction) of the front house! I'm looking forward to seeing the progress. The food app is intriguing! I should look that up! Fun to see everything in your miscellanea!

butterfly said...

Great Photos , love the flowers and the yummy food .

Tiffstitch said...

Your roses are gorgeous! And thank you for the link to the freebie as well. What a neat app! Those are some great photos.

Mary said...

You dine really well!!! All your food looks so tempting! Thanks for the app info. Lovely photo of your daughter and thank you for the sweet freebie. All the flower pics are lovely, hope your recuperating well from your surgery.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Oh my goodness, Nigella is such a snob! I prefer Delia Smith and her support of our local football team, through thick and thin.

The garden is looking lovely, it must be nice to have some beauty after staring at the building site for so long. You will soon have photos to rival those of June and her gorgeous garden!

Cathy said...

I don't take pictures of my food, but yours look delicious! Thank you for the free chart; I get her emails, but must have missed this one. And the flowers in your garden are beautiful.

I like the title of your post and may decide to copy it for my extra monthly post of pictures.

Barb said...

Lovely pictures! I don't know which I like more , the food or the flowers. I think probably the flowers. In this part of the world, you just don't get to see a garden except full of dead plants! I also loved 1917!

Julie said...

The roses are blooming lovely.
A nice pic of your daughter, special that she doesn't have many taken.

RJ said...

Kaye the food photos are amazing. Please invite me for dinner??? Lovely flowers from your friend, wonderful photo of your pretty daughter and her boyfriend, and great film recommendations. Thank you for the freebie too. Come by and see us ... we have a really cute pattern give away going on. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Faith... said...

Love your miscellaneous posts. Let’s us learn a little more about you! Your daughter is beautiful.

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...