Thursday 5 March 2020

February Miscellanea_Part One

Each month I seem to have a number of random things that I want to share, so I thought that I would have a monthly Miscellanea post.  Here is my Miscellanea post for February [Warning: Long Post and Pic heavy!].  UPDATE: This post became so long that I have divided it into three posts!

First up are a couple of items that I forgot to include in January's Miscellanea (silly me!).

2020 Book of Days

As I am sure I have mentioned many times before, I subscribe to The Silver Needle's "A Little Help from our Friends" Sewing Circle". It is an autoship about four times a year which comprises a specially designed kit plus some other treasures.  January's treasure was this gorgeous 2020 Book of Days from Needlework Press.  Just perfect for keeping track of projects, bloghops and SALs.











Of course, now it is filling up with a record of my stitching.  Very helpful for my blog posts.




COZY INTO WINTER

The kit that came in January is the gorgeous "Cozy into Winter" by Jeanette Douglas Designs.





I am saving stitching this until we are closer to Winter, seems appropriate to me.

Tawny Frogmouth

Rather erroneously, the other night on FB and IG I posted about seeing what I thought was an owl.  Don't worry, I was soon put right by the FB "police" - lol! - as it was actually a Tawny Frogmouth.








If you would like to know more about them, please click here.

New Haircut

After not having a haircut since early September, I thought that it was time to go.  This was the result....

                           


More Foodim = More cooking and Food photos

In January's Miscellanea post, I told you all about the food posting app Foodim, well, it is certainly inspiring me to plate up my food nicely just so I can take a pic of it - lol!  UPDATE:  The fabulous Nigella herself "Liked" some of my food posts on Foodim - I am so chuffed!

So, here are a few of my recent efforts in the kitchen....

Perfectly poached eggs:




Pork and Veal meatballs in rich tomato sauce with rice:




Fish (Snapper) burgers with kaleslaw and haloumi chips:



Movies






Only one movie this month - "Little Women" - I quite liked it, I thought that Soarse Ronan was quite good as Jo and I really liked the actress who played Amy but I didn't think that Emma Watson worked as Meg and I didn't think that the actors who played Laurie and Frederic Baer were right in their roles either and Laura Dern was far too ditsy as Marmie. The dual timelines was clever but I still much prefer the Winona Ryder and June Allyson versions of Little Women.  Far superior in my book.  BTW, DD and DNiece loved this new version.






Which is your favourite version?  Did you like the new one or not?


Okay, I am going to leave it here for now but do please come back later today or tomorrow for Parts Two or Three.


Thanks for visiting and please don't forget to leave a comment as I do love a good chat,

hugs, 

7 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The Book of Days is lovely and a great way to track your stitching. And haircuts!
I don't think I've seen any of the Little Women films although I have read the books.

Barb said...

Can you believe I have seen all three versions when they came out? I think I am telling my age ! At least I was very young when I saw the first one. What a lovely book to keep track of stitchy things. I do love anything Quaker!

Kay said...

The book of days is absolutely beautiful, I love the Quaker cross stitch cover and the way the inside is set out. I think If I had seen it in a shop I would have bought several for myself and friends as Christmas presents. The kit that cam with it is just gorgeous too, a new one for me and I do love to see new things so i can hunt them out online. I was so so about the Little Women film, I get so cross when they are not completely faithful to the story and by that I mean word for word! x

Mary said...

The book of days is lovely and what inspiring quotes to live by. I would have thought that was an owl too!! I never heard of Tawny Frogmouths. I'm going to see if they are in my area. The Jeanette Douglas design is gorgeous!! I love anything sitting in an urn.
Your photo photography is excellent!! You eat well and take wonderful photos. Your new haircut is very flattering! I agree with you on the casting, I thought the same about the casting. I never saw the other 2 versions but will look for them now. Looking forward to part 2 and 3!

Faith... said...

I just love your Book of Days! I have never heard of a Tawny Frogmouth so thank you for the link. Ohhh rubbing elbows with Nigella now, I'm Impressed and your food looks yummy. Cute hairdo too.

Julie said...

The Book of Days is fabulous.

Astrids dragon said...

Your Book of Days is lovely, I have one I write in but it's not as nice as yours. And such a pretty winter pattern.
Nice hairdo, it's always refreshing to get your hair done.
I can't believe that I've never seen any of the Little Women movies, now I don't know which one I should start with!

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...