Sunday 29 March 2020

So far behind ....

.... with my blogging posts, that is!  Not sure where the time has gone as I certainly meant to write at least three or four post this week for the various SALs and challenges, etc - FNSI, IHSW and TUSAL to name but three.

Strange, isn't it?  You would think that with this enforced social isolation - yes, I am bringing up the elephant in the room - that I would have more time to blog, but somehow no!  I have been haunting the supermarket for toilet paper and the local craft shops for supplies, keeping up with family and friends via Facetime, Messenger, What's App, Instagram and Facebook to name just a few. Keeping up with all the latest news on Covid-19 and all the funny jokes about it (you have to laugh, don't you, to try to keep sane?).  We have picked up a new online project at work, so I have been busy with that and cooking and gardening and, of course, reading, stitching, stitching, stitching and finding new programs to watch on the Streaming services and cuddling Furio, of course (for him it is a silver lining as I am home all day, all week now).

But, seriously, these are such extraordinary times and I am praying and thinking of all of you out there in blogland and all my wonderful stitchy friends, even if I haven't been visiting your blogs this week.  Stay safe and well, my dears and try to take joy in the simple beauties of this world.


So, that is all from me on this subject for now - watch out for my stitching updates coming later today and tomorrow, 

Stay safe and well everyone, 

hugs, 

11 comments:

Julie said...

Take care Kaye
I think many of us are short of time with checking on family and friends and finding happy times in different ways during this current situation.
Take care and stay safe x

Barb said...

Great seeing the post Kaye. Such pretty flowers. I like being home so I am having less problems than some of my friends. I still see my DD a few times a week. We shop together and try to go for a nice walk some time during the week!

Mini said...

Take care and stay safe.

butterfly said...

Take care Kaye , yes it's funny how we have more time but are busy in other ways
I am Spring cleaning and gardening the next few weeks ,
But will try and blog in the next few days. Hugs.

Mary said...

Kaye, Although I am retired I had a routine with activities and that routine is broken now...I need to find a new one other than spending too much time online checking the news. YOur cat is so pretty and I'm sure you enjoy the extra cuddling time....Stay well. Mary

Kay said...

Stay safe too. I am working through my wips for a while, I have plenty to keep me going. x

Carol said...

Glad you are well and staying safe, Kaye. We are in full shut-down mode here--no one is to be out except for "life-sustaining" reasons. I have not left my home in two weeks, but just can't seem to focus. I jump from one thing to the next. Love your kitty and your soft pink roses. I'm stitching a piece with pinkish roses now and it sure is comforting. Take good care ♥

Cathy said...

I expected to have lots of extra time when my outside activities were cancelled, but that hasn't been the case. So I understand where you're coming from. At least we're keeping busy and are not bored. BTW, Furio looks just like my Taz!

Faith... said...

There is never as much time in a day as you think there will be. I hope you guys are all safe and well.

Bethan said...

I'm finding it hard to find the time to do everything too - and I'm reducing my screen time a bit due to working from home. I seem to be spending more time looking at a screen during the work hours than I would when in the office! Hope you are safe and well x

Astrids dragon said...

Ah, so it's not just the Americans who are going crazy over toilet paper, and wipes too!
Are the still able to work construction at your house?

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...