Sunday 8 March 2020

Friday Night with Friends_March 2020

The night before last was Friday night which means it was time for Friday Night with Friends (FNwF)  virtual stitching night which is run by the wonderful Cheryll, here is where you can check out what everyone else got up to this month.

It is also my own personal Friday Frolics night, where I pick up a WIP or UFO every Friday.

This week I picked up Strawberry House by LHN. The last time I stitched on it was on September 8th, 2015, where I struggled to get much stitching done on it as I kept having to frog different sections and then somehow lost my Crescent Colours Ladybug floss!


So, this is how I found the piece.  


Unfortunately, I still can't find my Ladybug floss - so, yesterday, all of that had to be frogged and I started again with WDW Begonia - a bit pinker but it will still work very well, I think.


Hopefully, this will be the last I will see the Frog Prince for a while now.

Also, for FNwF I stitched on The Faerie Queene Sampler - I have been stitching on it each day in March as part of the March One Stitch per day Challenge for WIPocalypse.  I am stitching one letter of the verse in dark brown, one over one.  It is quite petite, so I try to stitch on it during daylight hours.



I am also stitching on this piece every day during daylight hours for the JCS Christmas Ornie FB SAL as I am finding the black rather challenging to stitch on.




... and to finish, here is a rare photo of Milo sitting on my lap (he is usually too skittish).



Thanks for visiting and please don't forget to leave a comment as I do love a good chat,

hugs, 

20 comments:

CathyC said...

ooh, loving the cross stitcheries :)

Mary said...

Milo, approves of your stitching!! I bet you find your ladybug floss now that you ripped it out!! Love the Faerie Quenne Sampler colors and kudos to you stitching on black!! Have a great week. Mary

Lin said...

Nice projects to work on - I do like that sampler. The black must be difficult to count! xx

Margaret said...

I've always loved Faery Queene. I'm so glad you're stitching it so I can admire it! Mia varies in her lap habits. It seems spring and fall are her times for wanting to be on my lap. Other times, not so much. lol!

Radka said...

Lovely cross stitch :-)

Cathy said...

I'm sorry you had to frog, but glad you were able to find a substitute floss. Good luck on that black--I haven't started mine yet. My cat loves to lie on my husband, but will only lie beside me instead of on me.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I think starting again was a wise decision! The new colour looks great.
I will be entering the giveaway, I just have to be in the laptop to make it easier to open more than one post at a time!

Barb said...

Sorry about that nasty frog!! You do have several great projects going on. Your new red look very good!

Karen's Korner said...

How frustrating having to unpick and start again. I know what you mean about it being hard to work on black at night time.

Susan said...

Love all these projects. Of course that thread will turn up next week!
Black definitely needs daylight - do you put something white on your lap when you sew? I find it helps a bit.

Raewyn said...

The projects that you are working on are all lovely...it's a shame you had to do so much frogging but it seems that you are re-vitalised on that stitchery now! Nice for Milo to help you with your stitching!

Cheryll said...

Thanks for joining in FNwF... I loved having you over...xox

Julie said...

Loving Faerie Sampler, that's beautiful

Maria said...

Beautiful progress on the cross stitching.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Strawberry house is so very sweet and you made good progress. Love your Queen of the Faerie sampler too. Black is always effective but I can understand hard on your eyes. You have some lovely projects coming on Kaye xx

Faith... said...

The Faerie Queene Sampler is so colorful and looks great! I think your color substitution looks great. Once you are finished with that area the floss is sure to turn up somewhere!!

kiwikid said...

MILO is very cute, nice to have him sir with you. I hope the Frog Prince has well and truly left you. Your stitching is lovely.

Carol said...

That tiny Santa on black is looking adorable, Kaye! I really avoid black linen and stick to an evenweave when stitching on black--it is much easier.

Your kitty looks so sweet--I do miss having one in the house :)

Astrids dragon said...

Darn frog, but it's looking good so far! Smart stitching on black during the day, I'm sure it helps a lot.
Milo is very sweet, does he sit with you while you stitch?

Bethan said...

Aww hello Milo! It's a shame you couldn't find your thread and the frog had to visit again, but I'm glad you have been able to find a solution x

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...