Tuesday 14 January 2020

.... and we have a second finish for 2020!

I must be on a roll - two finishes by the 14th January!


This is "Falling" by Plum Street Samplers

I think it is one of the designs that I was sent as part of the A Little Help From our Friends Stitching Circle that I belong to (an autoship from The Silver Needle).

[Update: It is time to post for Gifted Gorgeousness SAL 2020 run by Jo from Serendipitious Stitching.  As the A Little Help From our Friends Stitching Circle is like a gift I give to myself every couple of months (it arrives in the mail, all beautifully wrapped, just like a present), I am shoehorning it into this month's GG SAL.




You can read all about it in Jo's Link up post for January.]

I found it languishing at the bottom of my sewing basket and it really had so little left to do on it (see below), that once again I am left thinking to myself "Why didn't I finish it at the time?".  Still, a nice surprise to have another early finish for the year.



Some of the detail:





In other news, my nose operation went well but I had to wear this face splint for a week afterwards. It was awful as I felt like I had one of those face hugging monsters from the movie "Alien" on my face (I was going to put a pic of one of them up but when I looked them up they are too hideous to put on my lovely blog - lol!)



Anyway, it came off today and I am finally feeling much better, although struggling to breathe well (like everyone in Melbourne) as overnight our air quality was rated the worst in the world due to the smoke from the bushfires).

This was the sun valiantly trying to make itself known through the haze this morning.




... and finally, we have a start on the Front House build!  The Asbestos men came and removed all of the asbestos from the house and now it is looking very derelict, especially as it then rained for the next two days!



Late next week, the demolition should happen - yay!  It will be a dirty, dusty few days but worth it because then the builders can start!



Thanks for visiting,
hugs, 








15 comments:

Bev C said...

Hello Kaye.

It is always great to have a finish, especially one that has not much to do to finish it. What are you going to turn it into? Good luck with the house demo.

Happy days.
Bev.

RJ said...

Lovely stitch Kaye! I look forward to how you finish it too. Is this another house you are refinishing? You were building a home I thought.

So happy to hear your operation went well. Heal quickly. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Vickie said...

Oh Kaye! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE Falling!!! It is just darling!
I am so sorry you had to have the nose surgery after all. I am sure this brief time of suffering is going to be worth it Kaye!
How sad to see the smoke and haze out your window my friend. :(
I am excited for you to see the demo on the house. I remember the demo on the other house! :)

Needles Everywhere said...

So pretty. Great stitching and I think the little turkey is precious.

Kay said...

Glad to know that all is going well with you, good luck with the house. x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on the Happy Dance for the Puritans. I love that tree.
You're very brave sharing those photos too, hope the nose is healing nicely.
The old house looks very sad indeed, never mind, there will soon be a lovely new one in it's place.

Julie said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery now the surgery is completed.
That's a lovely finish

Cathy said...

Congratulations on having two finishes so far this year! I'm glad your surgery went well and I hope you continue to recover quickly. I know the fires/smoke/smog don't help.

Linda said...

Congrats on your second cute finish for the year Kaye. Glad your nose is doing better.

Linda

Barb said...

What a cute design. I sure hope your face continues to heal! I am so sorry about your air. We had similar problems the summer before last. The fires in BC gave us horrible air quality. It was worse than in Beijing China.

Faith... said...

Another finish?! You are on a roll; congratulations! Glad you got your bandages off and you are feeling better. Looking forward to seeing your new house being built.

Tiffstitch said...

Congratulations on another finish! And glad you're feeling better after the surgery, that sounds awful. As someone with claustrophobia, that sounds not fun at all... Good luck with the house and hope things improve over your way ASAP!

Elfie said...

Falling is beautiful. What a great start for your stitching year. I hope you are recovering well from your op.

Bethan said...

Wow you really are on a roll! Lovely finish. I'm glad your nose operation went well. Has the rain helped the air quality a little now? Yay to the first house progressing x

Astrids dragon said...

A lovely finish, perfect for our Thanksgiving!
I hope by now you're doing better and the air is clearer there.
Exciting about the house, although I found it emotional watching ours come down.

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...