Saturday 11 January 2020

Stitchers for Australian Bushfire Relief

It is so wonderful to see the worldwide stitching community coming together to raise money for the victims (both human and animal) of our terrible bushfires here in Australia.  Here are a few of them that I have found and subscribed to for your interest:

Kimberley Young from Sassy Jacks Stitchery has kindly designed this sweet Australian stitchery (freebie) to help raise funds for those devastated by the bushfires currently raging across Australia.
(You can read more about it on my Australia on Fire post)

For every finish posted on Sassy Jacks FB page, or Sassy Jacks Instagram or emailed to them, they will make a financial donation to a Bushfire charity.  There has been a great reaction already with many stitchers already having finished their pieces.  All of the relevant links are below the pic:





Sassy Jacks email:  www.sassyjacksstitchery.com

Hands across the Sea Samplers are offering to donate the money from the purchase of this Australian sampler to  two NSW Bushfire brigades.



... and Linen and Threads are offering this sweet Koala stitch to raise money for the Port Macquarie Koala Hospital.


... and just to show you how impactful these bushfires are, 
take a look at Canberra 
(our Nation's Capital). The air is so bad that many key departments 
are not able to function properly.
... and in Victoria:

Fires rage across the Alpine areas and a third person is confirmed dead.  These fires are so huge that they are creating their own weather systems!




hugs, 

8 comments:

Barb said...

Kaye, Thanks so much for the info and I will be ordering the sampler. I read all the info and am so happy to be of a very small help! Stay safe!

Faith... said...

I just wanted to cry when I saw the devastation on the news and Australia is in my prayers. Thank you for the information; I will be going to the links to see what I can do.

I do hope that you and your family is safe.

Mia said...

Oh my God! Australia is in my prayers, Kaye. I am praying for rain. Please take care of yourself, my friend.

Sheryl said...

We have been seeing the terrible bushfire situation on the News and today I have been reading your links and learning about the millions of animal deaths. Getting my needle and thread together.

Julie said...

Our craft group were talking about what offers of help could be given. Crafters are the kindest of people. I hope all of these raise lots.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

It's nice to see how many people are helping to raise money. I saw another one here - https://www.patreon.com/posts/free-koala-cross-32915122

Bethan said...

Thank you for the links. It's great how many crafters (and people in general) have pulled together to help Australia. Hope you are keeping safe x

Melinda Forbes said...

Thank you for sharing all the links. This is an easy way for all of us to contribute to something - and it makes me feel as if I am less helpless - Hope that makes sense

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...