Monday 27 January 2020

January 2020 WIPocalypse Check In

WIPocalypse



                                WIPocalypse is hosted by Measi's Musings

Each month we have to share the projects we want to complete before the End Of The World. Measi always gives us a topic to discuss, too.

What SALs are you participating in this year?

These are my SALs so far for 2020:
  • Twelve Christmas ornaments from JCS Ornie Mag 2011 to 2019 for the              Christmas Ornie SAL
  •   [Another] Twelve Christmas ornaments from JCS Ornie Mag 2019      for JCS Ornie Mag 2019 FB SAL
  •  Quakers in England Mystery SAL by Tempting Tangles Designs
  •  Granny's Daily Temperature SAL by Carolyn Manning
  • Prairie Schoolers Yearly Santa SAL with my friend, Marie (of walking around Princes Park every Sunday fame) - we aim to stitch as many of the yearly Santas as we can this year but this will be an ongoing SAL so no pressure!
  • Hallowe'en Ornie SAL - at least six of the 12 themes
  • Linen and Threads 2020 Mystery SAL
  • The Three Musketeers Stitching Bookclub SAL (Sapphire Mountain Designs)
  • Fully Finished Gallery - post anything fully finished on the 10th of each month
  • Gifted Gorgeousness SAL - post about anything stitchy related to Gifting on the 15th of each month
  • Smalls SAL - post about your Smalls on the last Friday of each month
  • TUSAL - post your ORTs on the New Moon each month

As I wrote last post:
"This year is going to be my second attempt at taking part in WIPocalypse, the first time was in 2017. When I only managed three posts!  Hopefully, this year I will be more organised and motivated and keep myself on track. 

As Jo, from Serendipitous Stitching, is my absolutely stitching hero, I am going to follow her lead and stitch on "20 for [20]20" this year.  However, with a bit of a twist, as I am not going to list all twenty on this initial post mainly because we have had all of the family home for Christmas/New Year plus some overseas visitors plus I broke my nose three days before Christmas (having some nose surgery tomorrow to fix it all up - feeling a bit nervous about it, I must admit) so I have not had the time I needed before the 5th Jan to go through all of my stash (and as you can see this post is late!)."

However, as I have been doing a bit of rearranging in my Girl's Nest, I found my very large pile of finished Stitched pieces which have not been FFOed!  Some of the them have been languishing for years. So, I am setting myself the goal of FFOing "20 in'20" this year, too!  Now, a couple of them are going to require professional framing but that will still count as that will still take time and $$$$.  


So, here is my UPDATED Stitching list: (those in blue are the projects I stitched on in January)

1.   Snowflake Serenade by CCN (WIP)
2.   Saltbox Farm by Linda Meyers (WIP)
3.   Twelve Christmas ornaments from JCS Ornie Mag 2011 to 2019 for the              Christmas Ornie SAL
4.   [Another] Twelve Christmas ornaments from JCS Ornie Mag 2019 for JCS          Ornie Mag 2019 FB SAL
5.   Quakers in England Mystery SAL by Tempting Tangles Designs
6.   Peas & Qs by The Cricket Collection (WIP)
7.   Ebony and Ivory by Tempting Tangles Designs (WIP)
8.   Mary Wigham by (WIP)
9.   Jour D'Hiver by Lilli Violette (WIP)
10. A Seasonal Sampling by Linda Meyers (WIP)
11. Granny's Daily Temperature SAL by Carolyn Manning
12. Hallowe'en Ornie SAL - at least six of the 12 themes
13. Prairie Schoolers Yearly Santa SAL with my friend, Marie (of walking            around Princes Park every Sunday fame) - we aim to stitch as many of        the yearly Santas as we can this year but this will be an ongoing SAL            so no pressure!
14. The Ice Skaters, design from a Better Homes and Garden mag, 1992
15. Linen and Threads 2020 Mystery SAL
16. The Three Musketeers Stitching Bookclub SAL by Sapphire Mountain Designs
17. Jane Marshall 1857 by Hands Across the Seas Samplers (a fundraiser for the Australian Bushfire 
18. ?
19. ?
20. ?

... here are the projects I managed to stitch on this month:

1: Great progress on "Snowflake Serenade"






2: A Little progress on Saltbox Farm, too.



3: I finished my January Ornament for the Christmas Ornie SAL:

"Be Joyful" by Tempting Tangles Designs (p.70 of the 2016 JCS Ornie Mag).





4.  ... and I also finished my ornie for the JCS Ornie SAL. This is "Moose Joy" by Angel Stitchin' from JCS Christmas Ornie Mag 2019. 



7.  I stitched a little bit on Ebony and Ivory by Tempting Tangles Designs.



10: ... and some progress was made on the A Seasonal Sampling by Linda Meyers



11. I started The Granny Square Temperature SAL - this is January 1st (first diamond on the top row) to January 6th (third from the right on the second row).


12. I also had a start on my Hallowe'en SAL for January:


This is a freebie from The Stitcherhood.

13. I started the 2005 Prairie Schooler Santa for my SAL with Marie.


14. I managed a few stitches (like only two or three, literally) on The Ice Skaters.


So, altogether I managed to stitch on ten of my proposed WIPocalypse projects, making excellent progress on some of them.  I am a very happy Stitcher this month!

Now to all my UNFINISHED Finished Stitching (I did take several videos to be able to show them all - they are not perfect as obviously I was holding the phone in one hand and moving the stitched pieces in the other).  Oops!  The videos just won't upload for some reason, but trust me, there are over 100 unfinished Finished stitched pieces here - yikes!  My goal is to FFO Fifty stitched pieces this year.  

So, far I have FFOed, one, which is "Moose Joy" (Part of my #4 WIPocalypse goal).


Thanks for visiting, 

hugs 

P.S. Please check out my latest New Stitching on My New Start Sundays blog.

11 comments:

gracie said...

I look forward to following your progress.

Julie said...

So many things to see in your update post for this SAL.
Good luck with you plans, i'm looking forward to seeing what you have found in the not FFO drawer over the coming months.

Carol said...

Such an impressive plan, Kaye! You have so many lovely projects in the works and I know you'll have plenty of finishes by the end of the year! Enjoy :)

Cathy said...

You made good progress on your 20/20 projects. I just might have to locate and stitch the joy ornament from JCS 2016--I love it!

Barb said...

I am so impressed with all your projects. I am a one at a time stitcher. If I feel brave, I might have 2 going !

butterfly said...

Lots of stitching going on here , lots of great projects you are working on.
Love the top one , have fun.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great plans and a wonderful start to the year. Snowflake Seranade looks beautiful on that fabric and I love the monochrome of Ebony and Ivory.
I like the idea of setting targets for Fully Finishing too. Rachel will be impressed if you complete all fifty of your targets!

Hope the nose job went well too.

Bethan said...

I do love sewing plans! Great work on working on 10 of your projects this month. I look forward to seeing your progress x

Anonymous said...

Hello
This is my first visit with you.
What a fab list of SAL'S. I'm a slow just learning stitcher but I would like to try a SAL in the future.
Your stitching is beautiful.

Faith... said...

That is an impressive list of SALs you have there! I wish you lots of luck participating in all of them. Your stitching is beautiful and you got in a lot during January, Congrats!

Astrids dragon said...

It looks like you'll have plenty to keep you busy and you're off to a fantastic start!

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...