Saturday 18 January 2020

First FNSI report for 2020...

.... and my first for a couple of years!!!!!!

In case you are not sure what I am talking about, FNSI or Friday Night Sew In is a virtual stitching get together hosted by Wendy from Sugarlane Designs on the third Friday of every month.  Click on the button below to find out who took part this month.




I worked on three projects last night for FNSI, two smalls and one larger.

First up is the 2005 Prairie Schooler Santa, which is the first of the yearly PS Santas for a SAL with my dear friend, Marie (we plan to stitch all of them over the next couple of years).

Before:
 FNSI Progress:

My second project in last night's rotation was Winter Wonderland by CCN.  I do love this design - it is so very pretty.

Before:


FNSI Progress:  I stitched the two doves on the bottom panel (my goal is to get the bottom panel finished by the end of this weekend for IHSW - there will be a post on this on Monday).




... and I finished the Let it Snow panel - I added extra snowflakes 'cos I liked them so much.

I also worked on this unknown piece, just for fun!

Before:



FNSI Progress:



Thanks for visiting and don't forget to check out the other FNSIers, here.


hugs, 


17 comments:

Julie said...

PS Santas are so lovely, but I do like the Winter wonderland, that is beautiful.

Karen's Korner said...

You and your needle were busy. Lovely work.

Susan said...

Such beautiful projects.
I also went back a post to see the links to people selling their patterns to help raise finds for the bushfire problems here - what a great effort people are putting in - Looks like I'm off to buy more patterns. Thanks for the links.

RJ said...

Hello Kaye!

I love all of your projects and the great progress you have made. Winter Wonderland is going to be beautiful. I'm especially fond of PS Santas and I really like it on the dotted fabric that looks like snow. I've never seen anyone do it on that linen before but now I'm going to too because I love the look. We are back and running after a long illness so I hope you will come by and see us. Hope you are healing nicely. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Rachel said...

Great work! Winter Wonderland is gorgeous and looks almost too delicate to touch! Enjoy the upcoming IHSW! :)

Joanne said...

So many beautiful stitchery projects!

Maria said...

Three beautiful cross stitch projects you worked on..

butterfly said...

What lovely stitching .
I like to work on three or four designs at night.
Enjoy the weekend .

Daffycat said...

These are awesome projects. I love the polka dot fabric so much!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You were a busy bee! Love the polka dot fabric and the CCN sampler. Such pretty colours.
The mystery project looks nice too.

Cathy said...

You got quite a bit of stitching done for this FNSI. I, too, love the CCN piecce.

Raewyn said...

Wow, you got plenty done! The projects you are working on are all lovely. I love the polka dot linen (?) you're using, I haven't seen that before and it gives such a nice effect.

Carol said...

Three lovely projects, Kaye! You've been very productive. How do you like stitching on the polka dot fabric? I have some, but haven't given it a try yet.

Vicki said...

Looks like a very productive FNSI

Hazel said...

Gorgeous designs! Love them all x

Bethan said...

The PS Santa looks great so far. A very productive FNSI x

Astrids dragon said...

Great progress on them all, the Winter Wonderland is going to be so beautiful!

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...