Wednesday 1 January 2020

2019 Reading Challenge Accomplished!

I did it! I reached my 2019 reading goal of 160 books and actually passed it by reading 162 books in 2019!  I am so happy after falling short on my 2018 goal of  150 books by 14 - you can read all about that here.




























As always, it is a bit of a mixed bag of genres and, of course, some books were better than others.  My top ten would have to be (in no particular order):


  1. A gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles
  2. The River by Peter Heller
  3. The Dervla McTiernan novels (The Ruin, The Scholar and The Sisters)
  4. The two Jen Williams Fantasy series (The Copper Cat trilogy and The Winnowing Flame trilogy)
  5. The Other Half of Augustus Hope
  6.  Dread Nation by Justina Ireland
  7. Educated by Tara Westover
  8. The Jane Harper novels (The Dry, The Lost Man, Force of Nature)
  9. The Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs
  10. DI Nick Dixon series by Damien Boyd

So, what is my 2020 challenge goal going to be?  Well, I am going to really push myself this year:  175 books!


Can I do it?  You will just have to check back each month to find out!

But, I had better get cracking, hey?


Here is wishing you and yours a wonderful new year.

Cheers to 2020!

Thanks for visiting, 

hugs, 






6 comments:

Kay said...

I love using Goodreads to track my reading. It turns out that my average score is 2.9, not very high as I do think it has tone amazing to get a 5. I read over 160 books and only ten received a full 5 star rating. In case you are looking for recommendations they are:
Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys
All the World we cannot see by Anthony Doerr
The Fifth to Die by J. D. Barker
The truth about the Harry Quebert Affair by Joel Dicker
Then She was Gone by Lisa Jewell
The Rosie Project by Graeme Samson
The Sixth Lamentation by William Broderick (reread)
A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
The Keeper of Lost Things by Ruth Hogan.
Happy new year. x

Mia said...

Wow! You did it! Good for you, Kaye, and congrats!!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR, my dear friend.

Vickie said...

Woo hoo! You are on fire girl! I saw two that I read also. Good luck!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That is certainly an eclectic mix! I recognise a few of them as our Books of the Month. You seem to have resisted the hype around The Testaments.

I just finished reading the Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. That was excellent.

The book we are promoting now is the new Hilary Mantel due out in March. That should be a biggie.

Julie said...

A great accomplishment, I don't think I have ever seen anyone read to many in a year, well done.
Happy New Year to you dear Kaye

Bethan said...

Wow that’s a lot of books! I love goodreads for tracking reading; I should probably use it more often! I’ve just finished the 2nd Book of Dust by Phillip Pullman - I churned my way through 3 books over Christmas which was lovely. Happy New Year to you and your family x

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...