Saturday 4 January 2020

Australia on Fire!

I would like to ask for your prayers for those affected by the almost apocalyptic bushfires that we are currently experiencing in Australia. A number of people have lost their lives and many more have lost their homes.

Click on the two images below to read articles about the size of the bushfires and the extent of the devastation.



Many species of Australian animals are at risk due to the sheer size of the fires, including our beloved koalas:


Luckily, TraderVic and I are safe at the moment here in Eaglemont, although only three or four suburbs away a few metropolitan suburbs were at risk last weekend.

So, please send your prayers out to all those brave firefighters and to the families who have lost family members and/or their homes.

hugs, 

P.S. If you would like to see what I chose to stitch on this Friday for Friday Frolicks, please click on the image below:


Also, I have made a new badge/button for the 2020 Christmas Ornie SAL, if you take part in this SAL please feel free to add it to your sidebar or come check out the SAL and join up, if you like.



9 comments:

Barb said...

Australia is certainly in my prayers. I have been hearing about the fires! I live in Washington State and we often have wildfires in the summer. I don't think any here have been as bad as the ones you are having!

Kay said...

Hugs and prayers. x

butterfly said...

I am watching on the TV , hugs and prayers to all.

jocondine said...

Send you our best wishes and hope for better days, our thoughts are with you. xxx

Mia said...

Oh my God! I have heard for fires in Australia here, in Greece. I am glad that you are safe, Kaye. I will play for you and everyone in Australia. Wish this stops immediately. I send you a big hug, my dear friend.

Julie said...

I've been thinking of you and your countrymen Kaye, its devastating to watch on the news, so much sadness. Take care x

Bethan said...

Australia is in my thoughts - I have friends and family out there, and it is just an awful situation for all Australians. Fingers crossed for a lot of rain soon x

Margaret said...

I'm so glad to hear you are safe. What is happening in Australia is just terrible. I will pray for rain rain rain!

Carol said...

It breaks my heart to see the news coverage of the fires in Australia, Kaye--and I'm sure they are only a fraction of the story on our news here in the U.S. I certainly will pray for your beautiful country. ♥

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...