Saturday 25 January 2020

January TUSAL....

Well, it is time for the first TUSAL (Totally Useless Stitch-a-long) for the year, when we show our ORTS for the month.



Tusal

Just click on the button above to go to Daffycat's blog where you can comment and see who else TUSALed this month.  

This year my ORTs are going to placed in this special ORT jar which was a gift that came as part of my 
A Little Help From our Friends Stitching Circle (an autoship from The Silver Needle).

I have also decided to take each month's pic of the ORT jar with my objets d'amour (the things that I love). 

In this month's pic are: back right, a 1950s vase that used to be my mother's as is the green and white stripey vase (which came from Venice). The little green spotted vase was also a gift from A Little Help From Our Friends Stitching Circle and the stitchery at the back is Tall Sheep by Shepherds Bush, which I finished way back in 2015  and apparently I also finished two very small versions of this which I placed into round boxes and I must have given away but to whom, I wonder, as I have absolutely no recollection of this but this post shows them finished.   Okay, I did some more digging and I think that they went to Kim from Wisdom with Needle and Thread (who currently appears to be on a blogging hiatus) and June from Butterfly Wings (I think, who is still blogging). I do so hope that they liked them.  I can see that taking my TUSAL photo with my Objets d'amour is going to be a trip down memory lane - what fun!

Please check out my latest post on the Christmas Ornie SAL as I have a happy dance and also check out what I stitched on yesterday for Kitten Stitching and the Friday Frolics.

Anyway, that is all from me for today, as I need to go "Fa Coffee" (ie make morning coffee for TraderVic and I) to drink whilst we do the Saturday quiz, plant some hydrangea bushes that a friend gave me cuttings of, do some supermarket shopping for dinner (absolutely no idea what we are going to eat tonight), book the movies for tomorrow night (we want to go see The Gentlemen"), I should wander around the corner to the hairdressers and book a hair appointment (I have left it so long as I didn't want anyone waving scissors around my broken and then healing nose), I really need to go to Water Aerobics (again, being very careful of my healing nose) and, of course, I need to cuddle the cat, read some blogs and stitch, stitch, stitch - and that is just Saturday!  Luckily it is a long weekend, so Monday is a Public Holiday (Australia Day) and as I worked on extra day last week, I have Tuesday off as well - so I have another ten day holiday after having had five weeks off and only worked one week - life is good!

hugs, 


8 comments:

Barb said...

What a lovely collection of things that are important to you! I love that vase! Have a wonderful weekend!

Kay said...

Lovely collection of glassware, i collect jugs myself so am always aware of extra special things like this. Enjoy your busy weekend. x

Julie said...

Great ORT bulb jar.
Enjoy your extra day this weekend.
xx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This is a nice way to do the TUSAL posts. Aren't you glad you have a blog to remind you where you sent things?

RJ said...

Love the ORT blub holder Kaye. Such a nice collection with wonderful memories RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Bethan said...

I love your ORT jar! I hope your long weekend was both restful and productive x

LindaLee said...

My first time here, and I really enjoyed your post. I'm now your newest follower. I love the picture of your pretties.

Astrids dragon said...

I love how you're going to display your orts, this month is lovely.

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...